How does The Gardiner Library Service protect your privacy?
An individual’s right to privacy as established under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 is respected by The Gardiner Library Service and protected. The Gardiner Library Service does not allow the publication of information that may identify individuals, or might potentially identify them.
Links to external (non-Gardiner Library Service) sites are sometimes included in web pages for the convenience of site users, but The Gardiner Library Service does not have any responsibility for the privacy practices of third party sites linked to The Gardiner Library Service sites. Is information collected about your site visit?
Visitor logs are used on the Gardiner Library Service internet site for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify or collect personal information about users.
What does The Gardiner Libary Service do with personal information provided in feedback?
Email addresses provided to this site will only be used to respond to enquiries and will not be added to mailing lists, or disclosed to any other party without the user’s consent, unless required to do so by law. Personal information will be kept in safe custody, sufficient to prevent unauthorised access, and will be properly handled to ensure its safety, integrity and confidentiality. Circumstances in which The Gardiner Library Service may be required to disclose this information to a law enforcement agency include:
Do you want to know more about how your privacy is protected?
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the Gardiner Library Service site
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on the Gardiner Library Service site
- Attempts to intercept messages of other users of Gardiner Library Service site.
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server.
- Breach the laws of the State of NSW or the Commonwealth of Australia.
The Gardiner Library Service observes the information privacy principles set out in The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 when collecting and dealing with any personal information.
NSW Health has a Privacy Management Plan which identifies how all NSW Health agencies comply with the Privacy Act. NSW Health’s policy document on information privacy is the NSW Health Information Privacy Code of Practice.